A couple of weeks ago Bridget over at Arignagardener nominated me for the Sunshine Blog Award. Arignagardeneris chronicling another season of sustainable farming at lovely Prospect Cottage in the Arigna Valley in Ireland–it is a charming blog and I am honored that Bridget has nominated me for this award. You might want to pop over and visit Bridget.
The Sunshine Award is given to “bloggers that positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” As with all awards there are rules for being nominated and the rules for the Sunshine Award are:
- Include the award’s logo on your blog.
- Answer some questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10-12 other bloggers for this award.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link to the person who nominated you.
Questions about Me
- What is your favorite color? Black, it’s easy chic and I hate to shop.
- What is your favorite animal? Dogs–we have two that we adopted nine years ago. Our German Plott Hound often appears in this blog while our German Short-Haired Pointer rarely does. The Plott Hound is sedentary which makes him easy to photograph, while the Pointer is a bit crazed and always at a full run.
- What is your favorite number? Three hundred miles to the Nevada Desert.
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Trail coffee. I love to curl up in a camp chair with a cup and stare at the desert.
- Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? No preference.
- What is your passion? Faith. Family. Solitude. Photography, writing, and desert wilderness.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? My husband and I do not typically exchange gifts on birthdays, anniversaries or Christmas but on the rare occasions when we do, it’s a really big deal–so both.
- What is your favorite pattern? Stripes. And in summer, polka dots make me smile.
- What is your favorite day of the week? I love the Sabbath.
- What is your favorite flower? At the risk of sounding trite, I love whatever my husband brings me. I also love wildflowers. California wildflowers are in bloom right now and the central coast is gorgeous.
My List of 10 Nominations for the Sunshine Award
I’m impressed with so many blogs that it was difficult to narrow my choices. But here are my nominations for the Sunshine Award. These blogs bring sunshine into my life and maybe they will yours, too. Consider a visit to:
- A Meditative Journey with Saldage: Beautiful photographs supported by peaceful, poetic reflections.
- adrianpym: An exciting collection of photographs, classic with an edge.
- Brett L. Erickson Photography: Exquisite and evocative photographs of the Great Plains and the west, with strong Ansel Adams influence.
- Christian Harkness: Rigorously original photography.
- chuck a stetson: Luminous and compelling: a Connecticut poet and photographer presents his works in tandem.
- Just my Echo: Greisy chronicles an inner journey of faith and a photographic journey of beauty.
- Looking at the West: Photographer Andrew McAllister hones in on the west, with views ranging from architectural to surreal and expansive to intimate.
- Meditations on Equestrian Art : An equestrian details her efforts to train her rescued mustang. Elsa Sinclair’s honesty and devotion make this a compelling read.
- SKEdazzles: Susan K. Edel delivers inspiration. Her photographs demonstrate a great eye for design and she’s generous with color.
- The Dappled Path: An inspirational Christian travel and photoblog by Selah.