He went out the mountain to pray… Luke 6:12

Nevada Desert: Twilight in Summer

Sunset in the Nevada Desert

The Nevada desert is lovely in summer, the sunsets delicate, the twilight hours long and leisurely.  Although those evenings seem as if they could last forever, we must elude those illusions.

In this photograph, the Humboldt Range appears dwarfed but in reality it is taller than most in the region and produces a number of watersheds which benefit the fauna, flora and some small communities.

18 responses

1. Wow, beautiful photo.

August 6, 2012 at 4:03 am

2. seamistandmagnolias

I have to ‘second’ the Wow! from the poster above…this image is breathtaking!

August 6, 2012 at 5:29 pm

3. Wow again!!! :) I love it!

August 7, 2012 at 3:28 pm

4. cristinasandru

Awesome place, awesome pictures!

August 8, 2012 at 8:32 pm

5. Wow !! Its amazing sky and very beautiful photography .

August 13, 2012 at 4:39 am

6. I absolutely love this shot! Bravo! I am also spending much of my time photographing and talking and listening to God.

September 1, 2012 at 4:34 pm

• Thank you very much. It is just so amazing how fluid the land/sky scape is in the desert at times. I can shoot the same viiew in different seasons and times of day and produce very different results.

Artistic space is a beautiful place in which to commune with God:)

September 1, 2012 at 10:48 pm

7. Vivian, there is always a palpable serenity under the sky in every photograph you capture. And I believe we transfer who we are into how we see life and what our hands create. With love, Sharon

September 18, 2012 at 12:32 pm

• Sharon, Thank you for your kind words. I am bemused that I am taking up photography at this point in my life. My vision has never been good and now I am going blind in one eye due to an old injury. Yet I feel that I see more clearly than ever:) Love, Vivian

September 19, 2012 at 12:28 am

• My dear Vivian, I am so sorry to hear about your eye…thank you so much for sharing this with me. I am blessed, immeasurably blessed to know you and the beauty you emanate. Love, Sharon

September 19, 2012 at 6:54 am

• Dear Sharon, I am at least equally blessed:) You are in my prayers.
        Love, Vivian

September 19, 2012 at 8:58 pm

8. Dear Vivian, I like your photos from a world far away from my home. They look great and the nature is beautyfull. Greatings from Berlin, Germany sends Susanne

February 9, 2013 at 5:58 pm

• Dear Susanne, Thank you so much for your note! I am delighted that you enjoy the photos. It is such a pleasure to be following your blog. When I view your work, I feel as if I am visiting am important museum. Warm regards, Vivian

February 9, 2013 at 7:56 pm