Perspectives from the Desert and Beyond
Where God Takes Me has been nominated for “A Thought-Provoking Blog Award” by Lizzie Joy’s Photo Suite. Lizzie Joy’s Photo Suite is “A Photographic Showcase and Travelogue with a Hint of the Divine.” I’m truly honored to be nominated for this award by Lizzie Joy, whose blog is beautiful and inspiring. I am particularly smitten with Lizzie Joy’s pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
The rules for “A Thought-Provoking Blog Award” are:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to 5 blogs you enjoy
- Post the award logo
Seven things about me:
- In the Nevada desert, my evident smallness is pleasurable.
- When entering the desert, each new vista appears unique.
- But in the midst of the desert, previously overlooked similarities in ranges, roads, knolls, trails, plains and peaks can be disorienting.
- I am prone to wandering in the desert; by the Grace of God, I have not become lost.
- My husband likes me to carry a walkie-talkie.
- Once my husband played the harmonica for me as the moon rose over Star Peak.
- He doesn’t really know how to play the harmonica yet. He blows a few notes of Amazing Grace and to me it sounds like heaven.
There is diversity among the five blogs I enjoy and heartily nominate for “A Thought-Provoking Blog Award:”
- A Leaf in Springtime — a gentle, contemplative respite: each post by Sharon is replete with perspective deeply rooted in love
- ‘Til the Storm Passes By — exquisite poetry reveals Moriah’s brilliance through a hard struggle with grief
- Singing Sparrows — astute, irrepressible and funny Teju shares her candid perspectives on issues
- Fictional Machines — J.E. Lattimer is publishing one of his short stories in tiny increments, accompanied by original art work
- whyilovewesttexas — in a voice as constant as the North Star, John reveals his love for the Lord through careful examination of west Texas farm life
Once again, I would like to thank Lizzie Joy for the honor of this nomination.