He went out the mountain to pray… Luke 6:12

A Desert View of Love

Dirt road northern Nevada desert

My husband and I grew up on opposite sides of the country.  Yet we share early childhood memories of learning to love God through a relationship with solitude and the wilderness.

Together we often retreat to the northern Nevada desert, an uncommonly isolated region which restores and renews our cherished childhood blessings.

Despite that we are seeking solitude, we never tire of one another’s presence, joined as we are in the joy of contemplating God’s love.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

19 responses

1. Wonderful to be able to seek the silence and the stillness and to be at one with it, with each other, and with God. Blessings

October 10, 2012 at 4:41 pm

• Where God Takes Me

Thank for Lizzie for sending me such a nice note. Yes God has truly blessed me with this marriage:)

Hope you’re enjoying your photography class! (Maybe you’ll share some tips with us?)

Love and many blessings,
      Vivian

October 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm

2. Beautiful.

October 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm

• Where God Takes Me

October 10, 2012 at 5:11 pm

3. It must be amazing to experience such solitude Vivian. Lovely picture!

October 10, 2012 at 6:02 pm

• Where God Takes Me

I adore it Chillbrook:) Thank you very much!

October 10, 2012 at 6:25 pm

4. What a very special post!

October 10, 2012 at 6:09 pm

• Where God Takes Me

Thank you for your very nice note Kimberly. I’m really glad you enjoyed it:)

October 10, 2012 at 6:27 pm

5. Vicki

alone but never alone is a beautiful thing.. do you carry spare gas and tires?

October 10, 2012 at 7:48 pm

6. Vicki

I’m sorry, I meant to say alone but never alone.. wish I could edit “along”.. :(

October 10, 2012 at 7:48 pm

7. wow its extremely happy when we feel everywhere silence and a very huge desert lovey post love to your photography :)

October 11, 2012 at 9:26 am

8. My dear Vivian, I was struck by the sheer simplicity and beautiful vastness of this post. Perhaps much like what it must feel like to be out in the desert of Nevada. And I can think of no better way to share that one spot under heaven with your beloved. As always, a joy to be here. I have been thinking of you this last week in the midst of daily family life and the flu. What a beautifully selected Psalm. How very precious it is to make His pleasure the driving force of all we do and say. Thank you, I shall be meditating on this. With love, Sharon

October 12, 2012 at 11:45 am

• Dear Sharon, Thank you for your kind comment on this post. I could not have been more delighted to enjoy your note yesterday with my morning coffee. I’m sorry to hear that you had the flu, I hope you are feeling better. I thought of you throughout the week too, my world is blessed by having you in it. I always reflect on you with love–and anticipation of your next lovely post. Many blessings, Vivian

October 13, 2012 at 1:58 pm

9. Thank you for the heartfelt post. It is a pleasure to connect with you. I have to say I envy your way of life, although we’re not supposed to covet!! I am quite a hermit by nature, and spend much time alone. I enjoy the solitude and don’t usually get to feel lonely. You are doubly blessed, for you enjoy the solitude with someone you love, serving the Almighty together. Blessings to you both.

October 15, 2012 at 5:23 pm

• Where God Takes Me

Dear Lizzie,
      Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted that we share a kinship with solitude. You are very inspirational to me. I love that you are growing in your class and it shows in your fruits of photography. I eagerly look forward to enjoying your development in that field. Love and hugs, Vivian

October 15, 2012 at 5:40 pm

• lizziejoy10

Thank you, Vivian. I’m finding so many kindred spirits through the blogosphere. Sending blessings to your heart.

October 16, 2012 at 6:37 am

10. demie freeme

say a little prayer for me , I need it. Demie from Greece.

December 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm