He went out the mountain to pray… Luke 6:12

Shine a Light

Setting Sun's Rays Illuminate the Nevada Desert Sky

Dear Friends:

It has been my privilege to become acquainted with so many accomplished bloggers.  I’ve enjoyed your works and companionship as I flutter awake sipping coffee at a pine table facing the window and before I retire to evening prayers. Because I live in an isolated area and tend by choice to an heremetic life, blogging has been a wonderful way for me to connect with other writers, photographers, artists and devotees.  You have inspired, challenged, cheered, enlightened and delighted me.  Many blessings as you set about your week employing your gifts from God to shine a light.  Love, Vivian

1 Corinthians 12:7-9

“To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.  For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit”

18 responses

1. That was such a special post Vivian! Thank you for sharing your gifts! Your photo is gorgeous!!!

October 15, 2012 at 5:55 pm

• Where God Takes Me

Thank you so much Kimberly. I’m delighted that you enjoy the post and the photo. I adore your blog, it always brings a smile. Have a great week! Vivian

October 15, 2012 at 5:58 pm

• Kimberly Konkol

That is so nice!!! You have a great week week too! :)

October 16, 2012 at 2:22 pm

2. I agree with you Vivian, it is very much a blessing … It’s wonderful getting to know you through your photos and reading about your journey, where God has taken you.

October 16, 2012 at 1:58 am

• Where God Takes Me

Roberta, Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving me such a kind note. I’m more than delighted that we are becoming acquainted. Have a blessed week, Vivian

October 16, 2012 at 2:17 am

3. I felt such a warmth in my heart reading this post Vivian. To know that in some amazing, inexplicable way our lives are intertwined across oceans and deserts. I think of you often out in the great wide open space, and know that you are surrounded by love, by contentment and by God. You are very dear to me. Blessings for a new day. Sharon p.s. I was in Nevada many years ago and visited the magnificent Valley of Fire. It was a most profound experience.

October 16, 2012 at 1:00 pm

• Dearest, How very lovely of you to write me that you enjoyed this post. It is indeed a welcome mystery that we are connected. Not a day passes when I do not think of you with delight. I have not visited the Valley of Fire but I have seen photos of it and can imagine that it is quite profound. Have a blessed week. Love, Vivian

October 17, 2012 at 3:39 pm

4. I too live in a less populated area and find the community of the blog world to be a wonderful way to connect. Thanks for sharing this stunning photo!

October 16, 2012 at 3:24 pm

• Where God Takes Me

Thank you for your kind note! I hope you are doing well and getting the kinks worked out of your system? I’m delighted to see that you’re still with us:)

October 16, 2012 at 4:08 pm

• oceannah

Still at it…glitches being ironed out, learning curve getting steeper ;)

October 16, 2012 at 4:55 pm

5. Beautiful post.

October 28, 2012 at 1:04 pm

6. Joan.

Daughter, Danna, forwarded this to me. I am incredibly proud to be your mother-in-law!

October 30, 2012 at 5:08 pm

• Dear Joan, Thank you so much! That means to me more than you know. xo (I think you meant to comment on Faith and Suicide? That was a difficult piece to write and I appreciate your supportive feedback.)

October 30, 2012 at 5:17 pm

7. cristinasandru

Oh my God! It is absolutely amazing! The most beautiul image… thanks for sharing! Really great! :) Hugs from Romania

December 3, 2012 at 1:54 pm

8. cristinasandru

Dear Vivian, wish you the best! :)

December 3, 2012 at 1:56 pm

• Dear Cristina, Thank you for visiting and for leaving me such lovely notes. I am delighted to hear from you! I hope all is well with you and wish you a very happy holiday season. Love and hugs, Vivian

December 3, 2012 at 5:37 pm

• cristinasandru

Dear Vivian, I am glad to follow your blog and I deeply appreciate your pictures and posts, are really beautiful! I am fine, I work and I wait Christmas time, the best time! :) Have a lovely season and blessed holyday Christmas! Hugs from Romania

December 3, 2012 at 8:34 pm